It can be a let down if you get to Niagara Falls and it’s raining. Luckily, there are many indoor attractions you can still enjoy. Try to spend time at places like casinos and movie theaters. Enjoy the food and drink options provided around the city. If you want to see the falls despite the rain, bundle up in rain gear and go out anyway.
Enjoying Indoor Attractions
1. Go to the indoor water park. There is an indoor water park at Niagara Falls you can enjoy even on a rainy day. The Fallsview Indoor Water Park is a popular attraction with tourists, so try making a trip there if rain spoils your plans to visit the falls.
- There are many rides you can go on at the park. However, if you don’t love rides, you can simply swim in the pool. This is a family friendly attraction, so you can take your kids here as well.
2. Enjoy the view from Skylon Tower. Niagara Falls is popular because of it’s stunning views. Just because it’s raining does not mean you can’t enjoy the landscape. Skylon Tower is a 775 foot tower you can visit to get a look at the whole scope of Niagara Falls.
- The tower has an indoor and outdoor observation deck. This means a visit is plausible on a rainy day.
3. Spend time at a casino. Niagara Falls is home to many casinos. Some casinos are actually within the hotels, preventing you from needing to go outside at all on a rainy day. Try going to a casino and playing some games there to pass the time while it rains.
- Most of the casinos are adult only, so this may not be the best choice if you have children.
4. See a movie at an IMAX theater. Niagara Falls is home to a lot of IMAX theaters, which tourists enjoy. If it’s raining, you can make a trip to a local movie theater to enjoy the IMAX experience.
- The IMAX theater in Niagara Falls also has exhibits, such as a Daredevil exhibit and barrels people rode over the falls. This is a great place to go if you have young children.
5. Visit the birds and butterflies. Niagara Falls is home to a bird kingdom and butterfly observatory. If it’s raining, both of these places can be a great way to spend the day. They’re kid appropriate, so it’s a good option if you’re traveling with children.
- The bird kingdom has many different exhibits, and you can actually interact with the birds. If you or a family member is a bird lover, this is a great place for you. The butterfly exhibit is designed to imitate the outdoors, with ponds and trees. It can be a great place to go to get your mind off the dreary mood.
Trying Food and Drinks
1. Visit a winery. If you’re over 21, there are many wineries to enjoy around Niagara Falls. You can explore wineries on your own or take a guided tour. Many people prefer a guided tour, as this allows them to sample wine on their own.
- Wineries are usually not an option if you have children. Some may have age restrictions.
2. Get a milkshake at the Hersey store. The Hersey store is a popular attraction at Niagara Falls. If you’re craving something sweet, a trip to the Hersey store for a nice milkshake can easily satisfy your sweet tooth.
- This can also be a great place to shop for gifts for loved ones.
3. Make reservations at the Rainbow Room. The Rainbow Room is one of the most popular restaurants in Niagara Falls. You can try foods made by celebrity chef Chef Massimo Capra, who has been featured on television.
- You usually need a reservation at the Rainbow Room.
4. Eat at the Edgewater Tap and Grill. Edgewater Tap and Grill is another popular restaurant and bar in Niagara Falls. You can sample a variety of alcohols and have a nice meal. It can be a great place to go for dinner if it’s raining.
Going Outside in the Rain
1. Choose a quality umbrella. You don’t necessarily have to miss out on going outdoors at Niagara Falls simply because it’s raining. A high quality umbrella can allow you to stop by and look at the scenery even in the rain.
- Opt for a durable, storm proof umbrella. You should pack one prior to taking your trip to the falls. Do not settle for cheap umbrellas. While a $6 umbrella may be convenient if you’re caught in the rain, it may not provide that much protection and probably will not last.
2. Wear solid boots. Rain can easily leak through footwear, and no one likes walking around with wet feet. It’s a good idea to invest in quality boots if you’re going out in the rain. If your boots have a leak, rubbing tile caulk along the seams and letting them dry can fix the issue.
3. Carry a plastic grocery bag with you. After coming indoors on a rainy day, your umbrella will be wet. If you, say, stop to get dinner in Niagara Falls after exploring in the rain, you don’t want to walk into a shop with a wet umbrella. Carry a plastic bag to place your umbrella in when you go indoors.
4. Pack back up socks. Your feet may get wet in the rain. A leak in your boots or shoes could develop while your out walking. Therefore, it’s a good idea to pack back up socks on a rainy day just in case you need them.